Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mad About Neutrals and Basics....Fall 2011

Summer is almost over and while it is sad to see it go, its now time for one of my favorite shopping season of the year, Fall.  One of the themes for my Fall Wear to Work Wardrobe is Neutrals Mad Men Like Fashions. The Fashion Blog World has just been going crazy over this collection. The wardrobe is one of my favorite parts of the show as most of the clothes are work appropriate and have the cinched waist look that I so love as I find it to be flattering on many body types and the tailoring on the show is just superb.  Below are some of my favorite neutral and "Mad Men Like" items for this fall. These basic pieces are appropiate for more conservative work environments and the hints of leopard and color make it current and much more FUN!   For my next fashion challenge I hope to find affordable versions of expensive pieces. Stay Tuned!

The Basics: This Linen ASOS Dress is a BARGAIN at 34.99 and this color can be easily combined with anything else already in your closet such as a cute cardigan in a fun color or a stylish Men's Blazer
 


The Banana Republic Mad Men Collection is just stunning. Its stylish yet still work appropiate.  The lace shell comes in ivory, beige and black. I wanted it in every color however, I restrained myself and purchased it in black for 49.50.


This one is not part of the Mad Men Collections but it has that same feel and tailoring. Great for those fall crisp afternoons! At 198.00 this is definitely an investment piece. Vintage Blazer-J Crew



 Ok. Everyone needs something leopard this Fall. It instantly makes an outfit sexy and fun! This skirt from J Crew is a fabulous addition! Click on this link to see more colors

These Red Nine West Booties are just the splash of color and modernity that your neutral palette needs. They will instantly update any outfit and are the great transition shoe for Fall! Love, Love these.


This bag is just gorgeous and almost a bargain at 88.00 from White House Black Market. This neutral tone looks great with everything and the structured style makes it great for work but its still stylish enough for cocktail hour!











I love Chunky necklaces and bracelets. I truly feel accessories make the outfit and this GORGEOUS Kate Spade Necklace will spruce up any outfit its daring yet also demure thanks to pearls!  Its also way too EXPENSIVE for my non-profit income. I will definitely try to find a less expensive version of this. But this one is nice to admire! Kate Spade has lots of other lovelies on her site that you should check out, if only just get inspired

Here's my quote for the day, " If we fail to recognize how our choices influence the world-either by reinforcing the status quo or challenging it-we're doomed to live lives of diminished possibilitied" Gloria Feldt



No comments:

Post a Comment